Nationally Recognised Accredited Provider of EPCs
An EPC is a certificate that details how energy efficient your property is and the environmental impact of your property. It also suggests improvements that can be made to your property, and indicates how much money could be saved if the recommendations were acted upon. an EPC is required by law whenever a property is constructed, sold or rented. At JackRey Services, we will provide you with EPCs at competitive prices. We also provide follow-on support and guidance.
An EPC is produced/lodged after the energy assessment has been completed and paid for.
It is carried in compliance with the current Reduced data Standard assessment Procedure (RdSAP), as specified by the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government.
The assessment for an average 3 bed house will take around 50 minutes.
The assessor will measure the property and produce a floor plan, in addition to this they will note how the property is constructed, ventilated, heated, lit, and how hot water is produced.
It is an evidence based assessment so a number of photographs are required. If the property has been altered or extended the planning permission and building control certification is also acceptable evidence as is invoice from contractors which details hidden works such as internal wall or flat roof insulation. The data is normally collected using a tablet or similar device and will be retained for auditing purposes.
Access to all rooms, loft spaces, heating/hot water systems and external aspects of the property will be required. In some cases it may also be necessary to access to the garage.
Benefits of EPCs
Apart from an EPC being a legal requirement, there are many other benefits. It is a quick way to find out what a property is capable of in terms of its energy efficiency and what needs to be put in place to achieve this improvement. An EPC documents the hardware that a property is constructed from, how it is insulated, and how efficiently it is heated. Some of the suggested improvements in an EPC will be eligible for Green Deal Finance. Get in touch with us today for a free quote. In addition to EPCs, we also offer Green Deal assessments.
Top Tips for a better EPC rating
1. Try and make sure as many of your fixed light fittings as possible have low energy lamps fitted.
2. If you have a hot water tank, make sure there is plenty of insulation around it. Good insulation can make a significant difference to the rating.
3. Loft insulation. If we cannot see the loft is insulated because either we cannot gain loft access or because the loft is boarded over please have any paperwork available to prove loft insulation is fitted.
4. If you have cavity wall insulation which is not visible due to rendering etc, make sure you have the paperwork available.
5. If your double glazed windows were fitted after 2002 and the date is not visible in the units, please have paperwork available to show the installation date.
6. Boiler information: We will try to establish the exact make and model of the gas or oil heating boiler. Where this is possible the exact efficiency of the boiler can be established. This is likely to be higher than the software default setting for that type of boiler. Establishing the boilers details from visual inspection can be difficult, so please have any information manuals or service history available.
We are providers of Energy Performance Certificates for properties in Bristol, Avon, Somerset and the South West. If you have any questions about our EPC Service please call us and we will be happy to help you.
We will provide your EPC at fair a price, no 'extra' cost on the day. The price quoted is the price you will pay. At EPC Bristol we provide a personal and professional EPC service. We look forward to providing your EPC so please call now for a fixed cost and to book an appointment.